- Specializes in traumatic, neurological and arthritic reconstructive surgery involving the entire upper extremity which includes shoulder, elbow, and hand
- Sports-related injuries involving children, elite college and professional athletes as well as recreational athletes
- Orthopedic Surgeon in private practice since 1992
- Consultant for the Detroit Tigers baseball club and team physician for the Connecticut Tigers
- Team physician for the athletic teams of Eastern Connecticut State University
- Consultant to the San Francisco Giants Baseball Club from 2006-2009, consultant for the PGA tour players and officials at the Greater Hartford Open
- Hand surgery consultant for the United States Coast Guard
- Columbia University, 1981
- SUNY-Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY, 1985
- St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital Orthopedic Residency, NY
- Trauma and Hand Surgery Fellowship, Germany
- St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital, Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
Dr. Scarangella – Testimonials
I have been Dr Scarangella’s patient for 18 years through several orthopedic issues and have been extremely satisfied with his care. He has referred me to other medical professionals who have all been excellent. My only issue is it is almost impossible to get an appointment with him in Willimantic office. With COVID I don’t venture out unless necessary and I don’t like to travel out of town. This is very important to me.
Thorough, competent and caring team all the way around. tyvm (Thank you very much.)
I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Scarangella to anybody. My bilateral carpal tunnel release was done (separately) a month between each other & my hands haven’t felt this great in years! He has great bedside manners & he radiates genuine care. I’m so thankful!
Love Dr Scarangella & Staff Thanks for everything!
Friendly and safe atmosphere. Excellent staff who explain in an understandable way. Dr. Scarengella is superb. I had surgery on my left hand for degenerative arthritis 2 years ago and I haven't had 1 issue. Doing my right hand next.
Am still having early morning pain in the finger operated on. I will see if it improves over the next 2 weeks. I may have to see you again.