- Specializes in hip and knee replacement
- Specialty in Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine; Orthopedic Residency at University of Connecticut
- Fellowship in total joint, adult reconstruction and orthopedic trauma surgery at Minneapolis Orthopaedic and Arthritis Institute, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Fellow, American Board of Orthopaedics
- Associate Clinical Professor of Orthopedics at UConn Medical Center
- Co-founder and past Co-Director of The Connecticut Joint Replacement Institute (CJRI); Director of Operations, Orthopedic Service Line at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center
- Named “Top Doc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine several times
- Served in Afghanistan as Commander of 947th Forward Surgical Team attached to the 3rd Special Forces Group; served six years in the Navy and 14 years in the Army Reserves
- Bronze Star and Combat Medic Award
We also partner with Force in order to be able to provide patients with access to high quality, clinically validated remote care.
Founded in 2010, Force Therapeutics is a powerful, episode-based virtual care platform that helps Hartford Orthopedic Surgeons clinicians educate, monitor, and stay connected to their patients once they begin recovery at home.
Dr. McAllister – Testimonials
Just got started with the process of knee replacement. Dr. McAllister was very patient and went over all details until I was satisfied. The staff is very efficient and is taking care of the many details and appointments. I am encouraged that all will go well.
At the time of my surgery I was in pain and having difficulty working and even sleeping. I am three months post surgery and my hip is pain free! The scar is minimal and my strength increases daily, that’s important because my job requires physical strength. I found Dr McAllister to be be professional, thorough and his bedside manor put me at ease. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience with my total hip replacement!
Would recommend to anyone
Great from start to finish
I had two total hip replacements (right and left) done by Dr. McAllister. I couldn’t be more pleased! As an adult in my mid-sixties, I work full time in a Magnet School teaching the early childhood age group. I no longer use any canes or walkers, and am able to dance, move, jog and stretch with all of them! I highly recommend Dr. McAllister and his whole team - their pleasant demeanor and reassurance made the whole two experiences worth it! His experience in this field is outstanding. I would not have gone with any other surgeon.
Very good doctor
Great experience, will highly recommend Dr. McAllister to friends and family.