- Specializes in sports medicine, general orthopedics, advanced arthroscopic and open shoulder and knee surgery, shoulder and knee reconstruction, sports-related fractures
- Shoulder Replacement
- Robotic Partial Knee Replacement
- Surgeon in private practice at South County Orthopedics and Physical Therapy, Wakefield, RI, 2005-2011
- Team Physician, Rocky Hill High School, Rocky Hill, CT, 2016-present
- Team Physician for University of Rhode Island football and basketball teams since 2005; assistant to team physicians for Chicago White Sox professional baseball team, 2004-2005; and assistant to team physicians for Chicago Bulls professional basketball team, 2004-2005
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina; General Surgery Internship and Orthopedic Surgery Residency at University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont; and Orthopedic Sports Medicine Fellowship at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Orthopedic Surgery in 2007. Licensed in Rhode Island, Illinois and Connecticut
Dr. Risinger – Testimonials
Dr. Risinger was very thorough when discussing my case with me. I never felt rushed or not able to ask questions which is very important when seeing a specialist.
Dr. Risinger and his staff are top notch and have helped me immeasurably. Highly recommended and I consider Dr. Risinger to be a friend.
It was well informative, Give proper understanding to my health situation, and the thought process of the procedures to take place...
The entire staff is amazing. They were on time. The doctor was awesome and answered all of our questions. We did not feel rushed. Thank you!!!
The office was very quick to follow up on my doctor's referral. Dr Risinger was helpful and informative.
Dr Risinger is an excellent surgeon. He performed a reverse shoulder replacement on me with no problems to report. All follow up visits have been prompt and he is always courteous and thorough.
Having had two successful shoulder surgeries done by Dr. Risinger, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that he also specialized in arthroscopic knee surgery which I need at this time. In addition to his surgical expertise, I would like to express my gratitude toward his patience and attention toward all my concerns and questions especially regarding this upcoming knee surgery. It means a lot to be heard! I highly recommend Dr. Risinger and Hartford Orthopedic Surgeons!
Had a very good experience and a good outcome!
Seems like a great guy