- Specializes in surgery of the hand and upper extremities, sports medicine and advanced arthroscopy of the shoulder, and reconstruction of the athlete’s knee
- St. Louis University; Orthopedic Surgery Residency at University of Connecticut; Fellowship in Hand Surgery at Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Orthopedic Surgery in 1987 and re-certified in 1997, 2007 and 2017
- Former Chairman of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center; Clinical instructor at UConn Department of Orthopedics
- Medical staff at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center; Fellow, Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Arthroscopy Association of North America and the American Association for Hand Surgery
- Named “Top Doc” and featured in Connecticut Magazine several times
Dr. Mara – Testimonials
Dr. Mara was exceptional and did a wonderful job repairing my shoulder. It was substantially injured and Dr. Mara has been very patient and supportive as I progress through physical therapy. I’ve already recommended him to another individual. The only thing outstanding is to achieve a full recovery, which I anticipate will happen as I do what’s needed for physical therapy.
I just want to say thank you to doctor Mara at Hartford Orthopedic Surgeon, I came to him very sick with my right arm, and he was very caring and understanding with my need, his level of understanding what going on with me help me to get help and feeling better in no time... Thanks doctor.
Great and understanding
Wonderful staff and doctor.
The people at this practice are friendly and efficient. My orthopedist, Dr Mara, explains everything in a thorough and understandable way.